Copalcor is the leading manufacturer of busbar systems in Southern Africa.
The operations of casting, rolling and busbar fabrication are all fully
integrated. We offer clients a complete solution from design to
manufacture, through to installation. Copalcor has extensive experience in
managing the shipment of busbar systems worldwide.
Copalcor is often contracted to coordinate and manage the design and
supply of all other hardware associated with busbar systems, including:
- flexible connectors
- steel support structures
Busbar Project Management
All busbar projects are managed by the Copalcor project team to ensure:
Superior customer service and support over the entire project life cycle.
- On-schedule delivery.
- Close customer contact regarding all technical, scheduling, shipping
and installation arrangements.
- Effective project control, facilitated by having most manufacturing
operations on one site. Greater project planning flexibility is also
Busbar Turnkey Services
- Copalcor has extensive experience in managing the complete scope of
work required for the design, manufacture and
installation supervision of busbar systems.
- Copalcor has a well-established network of local and international
subcontractors and suppliers that can supply any
specialised components and materials.
- Copalcor can supply a wide range of mechanical fasteners, as well as
braided and rolled shim flexible connectors.
- Copalcor is experienced in the design and supply of all steelwork and
insulation material for supporting busbar systems.
- Copalcor has extensive international experience supervising the
installation of busbar systems, including the provision of
all installation manuals and drawings.
- Chemical corporations (e.g. Chlor-alkali plants)
- Electroplating copper foil plants
- Mining and mineral beneficiation companies involved in the
electro-winning of minerals such as zinc and copper (SX-EW)
- Companies involved in the metals furnace and smelting industries.
- We specialise in the manufacture of large section busbars, as used in
heavy current applications.
- Busbars are typically manufactured from an electrolytic tough pitch copper
(99.90% Cu min).
- The Copalcor manufacturing facility is geared to manufacture high volumes
of busbar sections.
- The production facility is equipped with a range of specialised equipment
and jigs for the fabrication of busbar sections to a high degree
- All machining and bending work is subjected to a full dimensional
inspection, including partial assembly tests on fabricated sub-sections
of the busbar system.
Busbar Size Range:
- Length (max) in excess of 10 000 mm
- Thickness 6 mm up to 50 mm
- Width 80 mm up to 615 mm
Commitment to Quality
Copalcor’s quality commitment on busbar projects includes:
- An ISO9002 accreditation (LS502)
- Strong emphasis on the quality management of each project from the
design phase onwards.
- A unique quality plan is implemented for each new project.
- External subcontractors are subject to all the requirements of the
project quality plan.
- A quality supervisor is assigned to each project to ensure adherence
to the quality requirements.
- The integrated nature of production, whereby all manufacturing
operations are performed on one site, enables the effective quality
management of the entire manufacturing process.
Copalcor offers the following on-site services:
- Painting of busbar surfaces with a high quality, acid resistant,
class F paint with excellent adhesion to copper surfaces.
- Tin and silver electroplating of busbar terminals.
- Hot dip solder plating, if required.
- We also have experience in the manufacture of aluminium busbars.
See pg 4 of
the Copalcor Product Catalogue